Convicted taste is produced by a couple who enjoy their food and the glorious Tasmanian surroundings. While mainly focused on Southern Tasmania, Convicted Taste does get to travel to other exotic destinations from time to time

Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Motorcycle

Having just finished my first year on P plates, I was pleased to find that I was no longer restricted to riding a LAMS motorcycle. Don't get me wrong. My Suzuki GSX650F was a great bike, but it did have its limitations, and not being able to ride at more than 80kms (or, to be more precise, the risk of being caught riding over 80kms) was restricting.

So fast forward to walking into Motorworks and seeing a beautiful Triumph Sprint ST sitting there on special. Fantastic bike, in fact the one I wanted when I first started to ride again in 2009. I WILL HAVE IT.

I can't actually ride this beast officially until Monday, so my first impressions are very fleeting cameos around town, extremely cautious, and anyway, I am running my baby in aren't I.

BUT

What a difference. The Suzuki is like making souffle while the Triumph is like a spit roast. The Suzuki is great on take off ... very quick and nimble through the gears. The Triumph roars and shakes its way ... and before you know it you are ten km over the limit without even thinking about anything. This is a bike for the open road or the race track. It is a harnessed beast around town, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment